Payroll Payments - Current
The Payroll Payments-Current module is used to add payroll information for employees not included in the regular payroll (during initialization) or to modify or delete payroll information for employees already included in the current payroll.
Create a Current Entry
- From the Payroll Menu, select 'Payroll Payment-Current' option
- Click on
- In the Payroll field from the drop down box, choose the payroll that you want this payment or modification for.
- In the Employee field type in either a partial identification number for the employee or a few alpha characters of the employee's first or last name.
When entering in either a partial ID number or a few characters of the employee's first or last name a list of employees matching that criteria will appear. From here you can then select the employee you are searching for from the drop down box.
- In the Compensation field from the drop down box select the position you are wanting to pay or modify for this employee in this payroll.
7.You will then need to enter in the desired pay information by clicking on in thebutton in the bottom left hand corner:
8. Choose the Pay Type this current record is being added for (MIS, REG, DCK, etc)
9. Choose the Compensation record you are wanting to use for this payment from the drop down box.
10. Enter in the Units (hours/days) you are paying the employee for.
11. The Rate for the job is the amount an employee earns per unit they work. This amount could be for a day, hour, etc.If the Rate field is left blank it will automatically default to the Position screen rate.
12. The Gross will automatically be populated when the record is saved.
13. The Contracted Gross would be pulled in if this was a stretch paid employee.
14. Enter in the Hours Worked. This field is important for retirement reporting as well as Affordable Care Act reporting purposes.
15. A brief Description can be entered to reference what the payment is for.
16. Does this payment count toward retirement? If so check thenext to the Applies for Retirement field. If this payment does not count toward retirement uncheck the next to the Applies for Retirement field.
17. Is this to be taxed as a Supplemental payment? If it should be taxed as a supplemental payment check the boxnext to Supplemental if it is not to be taxed as a supplemental payment uncheck the box next to Supplemental.
18. Once data is added for the employee, click onIf you do not want to add this record click on
Once the posting has been Saved if this posting needs to be deleted click on thebutton at the top left of the screen and then click the next to the entry. You will be prompted asking if you are sure you want to delete this entry if you click Delete the entry will be removed.
Once the posting has been Saved but needs to be Modified, click on thebutton at the top left of the screen and then click the next to the entry. You can then make your changes and click to save the changes made to the record.