Below is a list of the more common error messages you may see in the import logs. This is not an exhaustive list of all possible messages, but addresses the most common ones, gives an explanation of what they mean and gives the user additional context on how to determine if further action is required. Each Error shows the line number associated with the record in the corresponding import file. The line number can be helpful in locating the record. Data cleanup can be done in USAS-R, but if the data will be extracted from Classic again before a final production import, the district could opt to clean up the erroneous data in Classic and save themselves some data entry.
- Invalid vendor data: Common errors include invalid state abbreviations, postal codes containing a hyphen, missing primary names, etc. These vendors will import and all YTD amounts will be correct because the transaction data will be associated to the vendor. However, these vendors will need to be modified and their information updated. The SSDT Post Import Vendor Report will generate a report of vendors that did not properly import that will aide in the cleanup process. You can also filter the vendor grid for a primary name of "Template Vendor" to see which vendors did not import properly.
- Address.address: state field requires the 2 character code for US states - The State field in the vendor address (ex. OH) is longer than two characters. This is common with international addresses where the user has entered the country or providence in the state field. This information can be added to the city line instead.
- Address.address: invalid postal code - The zip code should be formatted to 5 characters XXXXX or 9 characters with a hyphen XXXXX-XXXX.
- Vendor.primaryName: input is required - The Vendor Primary Name field is blank.
- Requisition header and items: You may see messages that requisition headers and items were not created because the related purchase order was not found. When requisitions are converted to POs and then the PO is deleted the import will not post the associated requisition.
- Requisition #XXXXXX not created, no related purchase order found.
- Requisition header not found for XXXXXX
- Suspicious Invoices: We're seeing a lot of partial invoices with invoices dates after full invoices. This is a problem in the Redesign because it is date driven. In most cases these invoices will need to be cleaned up so they don't cause problems with carryover encumbrances.