The EMIS Entry Screen holds the EMIS related Employee (CI) and Position (CK) records. Tabs can also be setup to hold the Contract Only Staff (CC) records as well as the Contractor Staff Employment (CJ) records. To implement the tabs for the Contract or Contractor data the EMIS Contracted Service module and EMIS Contractor module will need to be installed through the System/ Modules option
EMIS only employees should use the EMIS Entry Screen to enter the data for EMIS. This screen will give them access to the EMIS reportable fields. Districts can create or choose roles for employees by using SYSTEM/ROLE option. Once created, employees can then be given access to the EMIS Entry screen by using the SYSTEM/USER.
- SIFF Data Collector - If the employee is archived, then the employee and position/compensations will not be included, even if the compensation is not marked as archived. Marking the employee as archived keeps everything from being in the collection.
- If an individual compensation is marked as archived, but the employee is not archived, then the compensation will not be included because it is archived, but the employee will be included, provided the 'Report to EMIS' flag is true.
How Compensations are included in the report:
- Compensation Start and Stop dates are within the current fiscal year
- Compensation Start and Stop dates are within the prior fiscal year, the Position Separation Date is in the prior fiscal year and has a separation reason
- If Separated over the summer months, enter 'U' as the Separation Reason and 06/30/2021 as the Separation Date. Can't have a single Attendance day in current year on any job.
- If reporting with a 07/01/20XX date or later, enter 'C' as the Separation Reason and 07/01/20XX or later, as the Separation Date.
Employee marked as Report to EMIS
- If the employee is marked as reportable to EMIS, then the employee will be included when they collect employee (CI) information. The positions/compensations (CK) are collected separately so if the position/compensation is marked as not reportable, then it will not be included in the position collection.
EMIS Reporting Configuration
- Make sure the correct Fiscal Year is entered for what year you are reporting
EMIS Contractor (CJ)
- For the CJ record to be included in the extract, the employee, position, and compensation must ALL be 'Reportable to EMIS' and the employee must not be archived. The extract will include any CJ record that meets this criteria, even if the grid is filtered in some way to limit what it shows. The extract is not dependent upon what is currently shown in the grid. So if you filter the grid to a single employee and then run the extract, the extract will still include all eligible CJ records. The grid will currently show Archived Employee's and also non reportable employees, in the grid, but will exclude them from the extract.
EMIS Contracted Service (CC)
- If the 'Reportable to EMIS' flag on the CC record is false, it will not be included in the extract
Search/View EMIS Entry Screen
If additional columns on the grid are needed this can be done by clicking on thekey in the upper right hand corner of the grid and check marking the column header name(s) you want included on the grid. The order of the columns can be changed by simply dragging them to the desired location.
The EMIS Entry Grid allows the user to search for existing employees. You can either enter in the Name or a few characters in any of the grid headings and all occurrences of that search will show up and then you can choose the item(s) you are wanting to view or edit. Example - First Name is one of my grid options. If I type in %San% (% is use as a wildcard) in the First name field, all occurrences of anyone with San in the first name will appear. You can then click on the
next to the desired EMIS Entry record.
To use the 'Highlight Viewer', select the row in the grid to view. The 'Highlight Viewer' on the right hand side will appear:
To Include Archived Employees in the grid, click on.
EMIS Employee Entry (CI)
When in the EMIS Employee Entry tab, search for the desired employee by typing in either the employee Number or type in a few characters of either the first name in the First name box or last name in the Last Name box.
All occurrences of this name will appear. You can then click on the desired employee to open up the Employee EMIS record to viewor edit If using the edit option your modifications can be made and then click to save your changes. If do not wish to keep the changes you made click
EMIS Position Entry (CK)
When in the Position EMIS Entry tab, search for the desired employee by typing in either the Employee Number or type in a few characters of either the first name in the First name box or last name in the Last Name box.
All occurrences of this name will appear. You can then click on the desired employee to open up the Position EMIS record to viewor edit If using the edit option your modifications can be made and then click to save your changes. If do not wish to keep the changes you made click
CK Calculations from USPS
To see the calculations of CK records in USPS, please click here for a printable version.
CK calculations from USPS
If EMIS override field for hrs in day (CK160) > 0
Use this for Length of work day (CK160)
Use regular USPS hrsinday for length of work day (CK160).
If EMIS contract work days override field > 0
This amount is reported in scheduled work days (CK170)
Else if contract amount field in USPS > 0
This amount is reported in scheduled work days (CK170).
If extended service days (CK210) > 0
Subtract extended service days from scheduled work days (Ck170) and report the result in (CK170) Scheduled work days.
By default, the salary type (Ck180) = “A”.
If EMIS contract amount override field > 0
This amount is reported in (CK190) pay amount
Else if contract amount field in USPS > 0
This amount is reported in (CK190) pay amount.
If resulting pay amount (CK190) = 0
If hourly job in USPS
Report unit amount from USPS in (CK190) pay amount
Set salary type (ck180) = “H”.
If daily job in USPS and hours in day > 0
Divide unit amount (daily rate) / length of work day (from above calculation A)
Report result in (ck190) pay amount
Set salary type (ck180) = “H”.
Else If daily job in USPS and work days > 0
Multiply unit amount (daily rate) by work days (from above calculation B & C) and report result in (CK190) pay amount
Set salary type (CK180) = “A”.
Any other combination generates an error in USPS and the software reports zeroes as the (CK190) pay amount.
SIF Data Collection
When a SIF collection is performed on the staff data, the Local Contract Code and an alpha character will show in the local contract code as a reference to the compensation the CK record is for. In redesign, each compensation that is reportable to EMIS is reported separately within the position collection. So the local contract code gets set to the position number the compensation is for, followed by an alpha character. This was setup inside the USPS EMIS SOAP bridge that is used to gather the data from redesign when a collection is done. The local contract code that is assigned to a compensation can also be viewed in redesign on the compensation screen under the State Reporting section. The local contract code field is displayed and shows the code that was assigned during the collection.
If there are 2 reportable compensations for the same position the local contract codes would be 1a and 1b.
EMIS Contractor (CJ) - Contractor Staff Employment Record
In order to create Contractor (CJ) records a module must be turned on that will allow you to see the EMIS Contractor (CJ) option on the EMIS Entry Screen. To turn this module on go to System/Modules and click on thenext to the A message will appear confirming that the EMIS Contractor (CJ) option is installed.
To modify an existing CJ record, when in the EMIS Contractor (CJ) tab, search for the desired employee by typing in either the employee Number or type in a few characters of either the first name in the First name box or last name in the Last Name box.+
All occurrences of this name will appear. You can then click on the desired employee to open up the EMIS Contractor record to viewor edit If using the edit option your modifications can be made and then click to save your changes. If do not wish to keep the changes you made click .
If you wish to create a new Contractor (CJ) record click thekey. You can then enter in the Employee, Position, Compensation, IRN, Position Code and FTE. Click to complete the record creation. If you do not wish to create this record you can click the key.
**NOTE** In order for the Compensation to show, the employee must have the 'Label' field populated in their compensation record.
Extract CJ Data
To create an Extract CJ Data file, click on
EMIS Contracted Service (CC) - Contract Only Staff Record
To modify an existing CC record, when in the EMIS Contracted Service (CC) tab, search for the desired record by typing in either the Federal tax ID or a few characters of the Contractor Name.
You can then clickto view the record or click to edit the record. If using the edit option your modifications can be made and then click to save your changes. If do not wish to keep the changes you made click
When in the EMIS Contracted Service (CC) tab, to add a new EMIS Contracted Service (CC) record clickPopulate all fields and click to add this record. If you do not wish to add this record click
Extract CC Data
Once all data has been entered and Saved, click onand save
EMIS Redesign Field Names and Locations
To add the Mass Change option to the EMIS Contracted Service (CC) record, please click on the Mass Change documentation link to find the How to Steps: Mass Change
To create a report from the Grid, please click on the Report documentation link to find the How to Steps: Report
Warning - Employee report to EMIS is false. (Employee Name) has compensations with report to EMIS set to true.