Old Version 41
changes.mady.by.user Michelle Drewes
New Version 42
changes.mady.by.user Pat Zelei
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Subscribe to the SSDT Newsletter by clicking here. Your email will be added to a distribution list.
The wait is over for Salary Notices!
This program produces Salary Notices that can be distributed to employees with New Contract information using the default form available or can create a custom Salary Notice for a district to use.
- The Output File Name is defaulted to Salary Notices, but can be changed. *Required Field
- The Statement Date will default to today's date but can be modified. This date is used to print on the Salary Notices and is not used for any kind of filtering *Required Field
- Sort Option- From the drop-down option, choose the way you want the Salary Notices to be sorted *Required Field
- Employee Number (Default Option)
- Employee Name
- Enter in the School Year for the Salary Notices Example: 2022-2023. This is used to print on the Salary Notices and is not used for any king of filtering.
- Enter a Contract Start Date. The Contract Start Date filter will cause salary notices to generate for only new contracts with a new compensation start date that is on or after the entered date.
- Select an Appointment Type from the drop-down option. This will filter based upon the Appointment Type on the position the new contract is for:
- Check if wanting to run Salary Notices with specific Employee's.
- This will then exclude any employee's listed under New Contract Maintenance and just create those listed in the selected Employee's option
- Check to include district information on salary notices when using the default form. This option can also be used on custom forms that are setup to use it. Custom forms may also be setup to always include district information. When using a custom salary notice form, please be aware of the district fields the form is setup to use. This information is directly pulled from Core/Organization when selecting Default
- Select the Salary Notice Form from the drop-down option: Default
Districts will have the option to create a custom Salary Notice for their district. To setup a custom form, you will need to download salaryNoticeTemplate.docx and modify it.
- For detail instructions on creating custom Salary Notice, click here.
Districts will have the option to Email Salary Notices, for more detail instructions, click here.
Salary Notices can be generated or emailed from the compensation view. By clicking on the of a contract compensation (this includes legacy compensations), you will see a Salary Notices button. This will allow generating or emailing the salary notice for the compensation. Click here for more information.
Training videos to help keep you 'in the know'
Last month, we conducted our annual USAS and USPS overview sessions reviewing various processes in the software. The recordings are easily accessible on our SSDT YouTube channel. Our overview sessions can be lengthy so we created chapters within each recording, allowing viewers to quickly navigate to a specific section of the video to review a particular process. Displayed below is our recent Expenditure Process recording with the chapters displayed on the right. In order to generate the chapter listing, you can click on the '>' key indicated at the arrow below. It will then display the chapter listings to the right of the recording.
You may also find the chapter links in the description of each recording. Just click on the start time to review that portion of the training.
For a user new to the software or new to a specific process within the software, the chapters provide an excellent way to learn a process without getting too overwhelmed. You can play and pause the recordings as many times as you would like.
TIP: In each SSDT monthly newsletter, the USAS, USPS and Inventory YouTube playlist links are located in the top right section under the ‘Useful Links’ area.
- SSDT Wiki
- March Release Recap
- Newsletters Home Page
- SSDT Documentation
- Inventory Documentation
- SSDT YouTube Channel
- Inventory YouTube Playlist
At last!! A Leave Activity Report!
Report that tracks Leave from a Beginning Balance, Accrual, Leave Used and Ending Balance by entering in a Begin and End Date.
Topic #2Future Requisitions
Thinking it would be nice to have all your standard requisitions entered now for FY24 so you can plan your vacation? You can!
Once the future posting period is opened, users can enter future requisitions by using a future date like July 1, 2023. By default, users may also enter a requisition without an account number. The account number would need to be entered prior to the approval & conversion to a purchase order.
Entering future requisitions also works well with the Requisition Approval Workflow in USAS too. For example, the user can create a 7/1/23 requisition for supplies for the next school year and even submit the requisition for approval prior to the 7/1/23 date. The system will still convert the requisition using the requested date of 7/1/23 after final approval. The encumbrances on the expenditure accounts would be posted upon conversion in July 2023 (FY24.)
There Using the Requisition Approval Workflow, there is also a default message available which can be used to reject a requisition that should be dated in the new fiscal year but was entered using a date in April for example. This default message will be sent to the user that submitted the requisition for approval so that they can edit and resubmit the requisition for approval.
Don’t forget that requisitions can also have attachments! For example, the FY23 quote for services, or the office supply order form can be attached and later viewed on the requisition by the approver.
Enable/Disable Report Bundles
The Group Manager role now includes the permission ADMIN_REPORTS which allows the Group Manager to enable and/or disable report bundles. When the monthly report bundles are disabled and the user clicks to close a Posting Period, the user will be Warned with a Pop Up confirmation box to select Ok or Cancel to proceed.