- Account Number Dimensions - The cash account entered needs to be a valid cash account code, special cost center must be 0000 or 9xxx.
- Description- Enter a description for the cash account. If the field is left blank, it will default to the description provided by the Auditor of State's USAS manual
- Status - If the Active status is selected, it will allow requisitions, purchase orders and receipts to be processed against this fund. If the Inactive status is selected, it will disallow requisitions, purchase or-ders and receipts to be processed against this fund. The default status is Active.
- Initial Cash - is the beginning fiscal year cash balance.
- Fiscal Year to date receipts - is the fiscal year to date total amount receipted to the cash account.
- Month to date receipts - is the month to date amount receipted into the cash account
- Calendar year to date receipts- is the calendar year to date amount receipted into the cash account.
- Fiscal year to date expenditures - is the fiscal year to date total expenditures from the cash account.
- Month to date expenditures - is the month to date total expenditures from the cash account.
- Calendar year to date expenditures - is the calendar year to date total expenditures from the cash account.
- Fund Balance - is the current balance available to be expended. Equal to Initial cash balance + fiscal year to date receipts - fiscal year to date expenditures.
- Investments - is the amount of available cash currently marked as invested.
- Payables - is the amount of cash currently processed for payment (i.e. invoiced), but not yet paid.
- Available - is the current available cash balance. This is equal to the fund balance - investments.
- Bank Code - is a one character code that identifies a banking institution
- Encumbered - is the current encumbrances which is the amount of the available cash encumbered by purchase orders.
- Fund Type-
AOS Default - We recommend this option be used.
When this is used, no fund type is stored on the cash account record, and any programs needing to know the fund type will look up and use the classification as defined by AOS. This means that if the AOS changes their classification for a fund, the software will automatically adjust to the new classification without the end-user having to do anything. However, if the district is re-classifying the fund for their GAAP reports to a classification other than the one defined by AOS, then they must select the reclassified fund type at this prompt.
- Special Revenue
- Debt Servic
- Capital Projects
- Internal Service
- Investment Trust Fund
- Private Purpose Trust
- Pension Trust Fund
- Unencumbered Balance - is the amount of available cash remaining to be expended. Equal to the current available cash - current encumbrances.
- Future Encumbered - is the amount of the available cash that has been encumbered by future pur-chase orders for a future month in the current fiscal year.
Future Year Encumbered- is the amount that has been encumbered by any purchase orders that have been processed for a future fiscal year.
If the flag, " Check Future Year Balances," in USASDAT/USACON is set to "Y" the amount in this field will be subtracted from the "Next FY Proposed" field when posting future purchase orders for the next fiscal year in order to determine availability of funds.
Requisitioned Amount- is the amount of the remaining available cash that is currently posted to open requisitions. The requisitioned amount can optionally be used in balance checking as requisi-tions and/or purchase orders are being created and modified.
The "Track Requisitioned Amount" flag in USASDAT/USACON must be set to yes to activate this field. When set to yes, the requisitioned amount is automatically calculated and stored on the accounts. If the flag is set to no, the requisitioned amount will not be tracked or displayed on the accounts, and the "remaining balance" will then be equal to the unencumbered balance - future encumbered.
- Future Year Requisitioned - is the total dollar amount that has been posted to requisitions for a fu-ture fiscal year.
- Remaining Balance - is the amount of available cash remaining to be expended. If the "Track Re-quisitioned Amount" flag in USASDAT/USACON is set to yes, the remaining balance will be equal to the unencumbered balance - future encumbered amounts - requisitioned amounts. If the "Track Requisitioned Amount" flag is set to no, the remaining balance will be equal to the unencumbered balance - the future encumbered amounts.
Include on SM1/SM2(Tax Anticipation Notes) - displays a flag which deteremines whether or not a particular cash account will be included in the SM1/SM2 calculations.
This flag will only be modifiable if the cash account is in the "002" fund with a "9xxx" special cost center. All other cash accounts will display Yes or No to indicate whether or not this fund is included. Any budget or revenue accounts in the 002 fund with an 8001 special cost center are also included on the SM1/SM2.
- Bypass Approp/Budget balance checking - is an optional flag that allows balance checking to be bypassed for that particular fund. When set to "Yes," all associated budget and appropriation accounts will be allowed to go negative when posting requisitions or purchase orders. This enables users who otherwise are unable to exceed appropriation or budget balances to exceed these balances for the par-ticular fund only.
- Start Date - if date is entered then the account will only become active after that date
- Stop Date - if date is entered then the account will only become active after that date.
- Emis Fund Category - is only required for funds that have multiple sources of revenue as defined in the biennial budget, without having to add new funds for every program. The category is intended to define the fund/special cost center combination describing the type of fund for the EMIS year-end financial data processing. This allows ODE to be able to perform analysis on these types of funds. The drop down box will provide a list of possible codes for each fund that requires a category to be specified.
- PTD Clear Month- is an optional field that allows the district to select the month they want the project-to-date fields to be cleared. When ADJUST is run for that particular month, the PTD receipt and expenditure fields will be cleared and the PTD ending balance will be recalculated by moving the PTD ending balance to the PTD beginning balance. The PTD clear month can also be left blank to handle projects that need to accumulate for more than one year.
- Track PTD Flag- is an optional field that allows the district to use the project-to-date fields. If the flag is set to "Yes, " the PTD amounts will be tracked. If set to "No," USAS will not track the project-to-date fields.
- PTD Beginning Balance - is an optional field that allows districts to enter the beginning cash bal-ance of a project they are tracking for this particular cash account
- PTD Receipts - is an optional field that tracks the total project-to-date amount receipted to the cash account.
- PTD Expenditures- is an optional field that tracks the total project-to-date expenditures made to the cash account.
- PTD Ending Balance - is an optional field that tracks the amount of available cash remaining for the project.
- Money 1 and Money 2 - are optional numeric fields for the district's own use.
- Code 1 and Code 2 - are optional 2 character fields for the district's own use.
- Date - is an optional 8 character field for the district's own use.
- Text - is an optional 30 character field for the district's own use.
- Accept - The Accept function will add the cash account to the USAS system. Any warnings or errors encountered will be displayed at the top of your browser window. The message, "Account Added Successfully" will be displayed at the top of your browser if no errors were encountered. If fatal errors are encountered, the account will not be added. Modifications will need to be made to correct the er-rors before the account can be posted.
Cancel- The Cancel function will erase any entries made to the cash account currently displayed on the screen. A pop-up box will appear in your browser ensuring that the cash account will be cancelled. Clicking on OK will cancel the cash account
The New Cash account functions appear at both the top and the bottom of the screen for easier access.
Exercise for New Cash Account
Click on "New" under the Cash account menu
Enter 007 for the fund and 9000 for the Fund
Select the Fund Type: Special Revenue
Click on Accept to accept the new cash account