- Invoice # - stores the number assigned for each invoice
Vendor # - If you entered a multi-vendor purchase order, you must change the vendor # to a valid USAS vendor when filling the invoice. If the vendor number is not known, the vendor can be searched for by name by clicking on the icon. If a new vendor needs to be created (if it is a multi vendor) or an exisitng one needs modified, it can be done by clicking on the icon. This will bring up a pop-up window with either a blank vendor window to insert the new vendor data or the vendor that was typed in and needs to be modified. Once the changes are accepted the vendor will automatically be updated and inserted into the vendor number field.
The pencil icon will only appear if you have the privileges to add or modify vendors. When processing invoices for multi-vendor purchase orders, any cancellation items must be on a seperate invoice from any payments. The payments are to be processed to the vendor receiving payment, meaning the vendor number will be switched from the mutli vendor to a specific vendor number that is being invoiced. Any cancellation amount should be processed against the original multi vendor number from the purchase order.You will not be able to modify this field if a regular vendor was used for the purchase order.
- Invoice Date - stores the desired invoice date. The date automatically defaults to the current system date. If a different date is desired, it can be entered in this field by typing the desired date or by clicking on the calendar and selecting the desired date from the calendar.
- Payment Terms - allows you to select a payment term of "Net 30" or "Net 60". If you select a payment terms date, it will automatically calculate the payment due date based on the invoice date and the terms selected and displays it in the Payment Due Date field. If you want to enter a specific payment due date, you may skip the Payment Terms field and enter the date in the Payment Due Date field.
- Payment Due Date - stores the desired payment due date. The Payment Due Date is used to indicate when payment is due for the invoice. The date automatically defaults to the current system date. If a different date is desired, it can be entered in this field by typing the desired date or by clicking on the calendar and selecting the desired date from the calendar.
Once these fields have been entered, you may move down to the purchase order line items in order to fill them. The "Fill Items" option will completely fill any line items that have a checkmark in the box to the left of each line item. The "Clear Items" will clear any checkmarked items that are currently at a filled status. If you want to completely fill all items at once, click on the box at the top of the first column and it will place checkmarks in the boxes to the left of all outstanding line items. Then click on "Fill Items" to fill all of them at once. The "Cancel Items" option will cancel any items that have been check marked to be cancelled. If you prefer to fill each item manually, the following fields are available:
Description- currently displays the purchase order item description. However, if you would like to replace the PO description with an invoice description, you may override the description field. The purpose of the invoice description is to provide additional details related to the current invoice.
If you click on the beside the description/account title it will display the account code for each line item underneath the description. You can toggel between the displaying the description and dis-playing the account code and description.
- Amount - For each open item you wish to process, enter the amount you wish to process the item for.
- Cancel - indicates you wish to cancel all or part of the line item (depending on the amount entered).
- Received - stores the date the good or service was received. If left blank, it will default to the invoice date.
EIS- indicates whether or not the line item is to be written to the pending file of the Equipment Inventory System (EIS).
The "Equipment Inventory System" and "EIS Pending Threshhold" fields in USASDAT/USACON will affect how the Invoice interface will respond to the posting of items which are charged to accounts with 5xxx, 6xx, or 7xx object codes.
If the "Equipment Inventory System" flag is to "N", the EIS column will not be displayed in USASWEB, and no items will be posted to the EIS pending file.
If the "Equipment Inventory System" flag is set to "A", the EIS column in USASWEB will default to "Y" for items with 6xx, or 7xx object codes if the remaining encumbrance meets the EIS pending threshold amount. Otherwise the flag defaults to "N."
If the "Equipment Inventory System" flag is set to "Y," the EIS column in USASWEB will default to "Y" for items with 5xx, 6xx, or 7xx object codes if the remaining encumbrance meets the EIS pending threshold amount. Otherwise the flag defaults to "N."
When checking the EIS pending threshold amount, please note that the USASWEB invoice module is comparing only the remaining encumbrance amount of the item, and it is not rechecking the actual invoice amount after it is entered by the user. It is up to the individual entering the invoice to ensure that the EIS pending flag is set correctly prior to posting the invoice.
- Post - The Post function will post the invoice. Any errors encountered will be displayed at the top of your browser window. The message "Invoice Posted Successfully" will be displayed at the top of your browser window if no errors were encountered. If fatal errors are encountered, the invoice will not be posted. Modifications will need to be made to correct the errors before the invoice can be posted.
Cancel- The Cancel function will erase any entries made to the invoice currently displayed on the screen. A pop-up box will appear in your browser ensuring that the invoice is to be cancelled. Click-ing on Yes will cancel the invoice.
The New Invoice Functions menu will be displayed at both the top and bottom of the screen for easier access.
Click on Query under the AP invoice menu and find invoice #2900011
Next, click on the !worddav4b95102104e8bfa1228e103ddd0915a5.png|height=36,width=82!button located the modify button located under AP Invoice Details. Once you have selected to modify, the invoice form changes slightly. The details of theinvoice are now opened and accessable for modifications. The following fields are modifiable:
The available functions have now become: Validate, Post, and Cancel.
The !worddavbd67c3c4722ecec01bdee22f313c10af.png|height=24,width=21!scissor !icon may be used to delete an item.
The Delete function may be used to delete any invoice that does not have any payments made against it . Invoices may be deleted using the following steps:
First, the invoice to be deleted must be queried using the "Query" option located under the main AP Invoice Menu. Please refer to the "Query AP Invoice" section for help on selecting invoices to be queried. Once the invoice has been queried, it is selected by clicking on the invoice under the invoice # column. The invoice details will be displayed in your browser window.
Click on Query under the AP invoice menu and find invoice #2900014
Click on Delete
Click on OK to delete invoice 2900014