A purchase order is a document authorizing a seller to deliver goods, with payment to be made at a later date. Monies are encumbered when a purchase order is created.
Create Purchase Order
- From the Transaction menu select 'Purchase Orders'
and options work with the option. If is checked before clicking , it will save the new PO and leave the window open to create another PO. If is checked before clicking , it will close you out of the PO window.
Enter desired information into the purchase order
- PO # : Purchase Order can be entered or if left blank will default to the next purchase order number based on the Transaction Configuration.
- Date: The transaction date must be in an open period.
- Vendor: Users can search for vendor by vendor number or primary name. Wild cards (%) can be used to search. Purchase Orders by default do not require a vendor number.
- No vendor means the user hasn't assigned one yet or that it will be used as a 'multi-vendor' purchase order (non-vendor specific). The creation of multi-vendor vendor numbers is no longer needed in Redesign.
- Description: Purchase Order header description.
- Deliver By Date
- Delivery Address: Select delivery address from drop down. Delivery Addresses shown based on setup in Core > Delivery Address page. User can also type in address.
- Source: Shows Requisition number for Purchase orders created by converting a Requisition.
- Created Date: Date Purchase Order transaction created in
- Amended: When a Purchase Order is amended this box will automatically be checked.
- Invoiceable: Indicates a Purchase Order is still open and able to be invoiced.
- Modified Date: Updated when the purchase order is directly edited or amended. Does not update when the purchase order is invoiced.
- Posted Date
- Then and Now: Will automatically be checked when a Then and Now transaction is processed. User will receive a warning when invoicing using a date prior to the purchase order date.
- Click on the to add line items.
- Click or to move item up or down in listing of line items.
- Click on the
to copy line items.
- Click on to post the purchase order to the system, click on Cancel to not post the purchase order and return to the Purchase Order grid.