For legacy roles, The Wage Obligation reports (employee and account) needs USPS_STANDARD_WAGEOBLIGATION_REPORT granted.
They, also, must have USPS_STANDARD_EMPLOYEE_VIEW in order to run these reports.
This program generates a report listing the district's current accrued wage obligations by employee.
This report is created automatically when the Fiscal Year End has been closed (June Posting Period is closed) and will be found in the File Archive/YYYY Fiscal Year Reports. If trying to process the report at a later time if any contracts were added whose date range overlaps the 'as of' date, the report would be different than what was processed at Fiscal Year End. It also checks the current position job status for 'Active', so if any Positions are no longer active, it would change the report results and also pay accounts that were changed would affect the report as well.
The 'as of' date is used primarily to get the state of the Compensations as they were at that date, but it does not guarantee an identical report.
Current accrued wage obligations are monies that employees have earned, but have not yet been paid up through the payables date entered in the program. For stretch pay jobs this is the accrued wage amount. For non- stretch pay jobs this would be the number of workdays times the daily rate up through the payables date entered.
The program generates a report called Wage Obligation Report by Employee.
The program has the ability to optionally create spreadsheets. These spreadsheets can be used by any district, but may be particularly helpful to those districts on GAAP.
Wage Obligation By Employee calculation explanation
The Contract Obligation and Accrued Wages comes from CORE/COMPENSATION.
The Contract Remaining = Contract Obligation - Amount Paid.
- The Save and Recall option allows the users to create and save certain reports for different report runs for each report option. The Default option is the original SSDT report and the Most Recent is the last report that was ran by the user. If the report is no longer needed, click on to delete the report. The Default reports cannot be deleted.
- The Format options are:
- PDF (download)
- Common Separated Values
- Enter a Report as of date. The default date will be the current day
- Enter a Date to calculate payables through. The default is June 30 of the current fiscal year. (This field cannot be left blank)
- Select a Sort By option from the drop down box:
- Employee Number
- Employee Name
- Select an Appointment Type Option
- All Appointment Types
- Check to Include Positions of archived Employees
- Select Pay Groups
- Select Employees
- When all options have been entered, click on