Payroll Payments - Current
The Payroll Payments-Current module is used to add payroll information for employees not included in the regular payroll (during initialization) or to modify or delete payroll information for employees already included in the current payroll.
A Warning will be issued if no current payroll is IN PROGRESS:
View Payroll Payments Current Entry
If additional columns on the grid are needed this can be done by create by clicking on thein the upper right hand corner of the grid and check marking the column header name(s) you want included on the grid. The order of the columns can be changed by simply dragging them to the desired location.
The Payroll Payments-Current grid allows the user to search for existing records. You can either enter in the Number or a few characters in any of the grid headings and all occurrences of that search will show up and then you can choose the item(s) you are wanting to view or edit. Example - First Name is one of my grid options. If I type in %San% (% is use as a wildcard) in the First name field, all occurrences of anyone with San in the first name will appear. You can then click on the next to the desired Payroll Payments-Current record.
Pop Up Payroll Report in Current
While entering data in the Current option, a pay report can be generated and displayed on your terminal screen. Select the employee or employees to display and click on to display This feature allows you to verify the data and make changes at this point in the payroll if necessary.
Create a Payroll Payments-Current Entry
- From the Payroll Menu, select 'Payroll Payment-Current' option
- Click on
- In the Payroll field from the drop down box, choose the payroll that you want this payment or modification for.
- In the Employee field type in either a partial identification number for the employee or a few alpha characters of the employee's first or last name. When entering in either a partial ID number or a few characters of the employee's first or last name a list of employees matching that criteria will appear. From here you can then select the employee you are searching for from the drop down box.
- In the Position field select the position you are wanting to pay or modify for this employee in this payroll by clicking on the .
You will then get a Message stating 'No errors or warnings':
Click on theto add pay information:
7.You will then need to enter in the desired pay information by clicking on in thein the bottom left hand corner:
8. Select the Pay Type from the drop down box for this future record:
- Regular - Regular wages for contracted employees. These count toward the fulfillment of the contract. When adding regular wages to an employee leaving the rate blank will cause the system to default to the employee's regular rate. Regular pay types are charged according to how they are set-up in Core/Payroll Accounts.
- Miscellaneous - Does not update the contract amount paid. Miscellaneous pays can be taxed at different rates and charged to different accounts.
- Irregular - Irregular pays update the contract amount paid, but do not update pays paid and days worked. This can be used to pay retro amount on a separate check.
- Accrued - ACC - Accrued wages. This pay type is entered by the system only. Those employees who are stretch pay will have entries dealing with accrued wages.
- Deferred Dock - DFR - This amount is calculated by the system when the amount of a dock exceeds the amount being earned during the current payroll. This amount will appear as regular dock during the next payroll.
- Dock - Dock amounts are subtracted from gross wages.
- Overtime - These do not update the contract amount paid. If the rate field is left blank the system will enter a rate of 1 1/2. Overtime wages are charged to an overtime account based on the employee's regular pay account.
- Retro - BCK - Retro pay updates the contract amount paid.
- Shift Premium - Shift premiums can be defined in (has not been created in Redesign) as a percent or fixed amount.
- Pay Off Accrued Wages - Pay off of total accrued wages. This pay type updates the contract amount paid. This amount is calculated by the system.
- Termination - Pays an employee a specific amount as termination pay, for example severence pay. You must supply the tax and retirement options. The Job Status field will be changed to 'Termination' once payroll has been posted.
- Life Insurance Premium - NC1- This pay type is used in the processing of the taxable amount of life insurance premiums on W2's for coverage in excess of $50,000. Any NC1 amounts are taxed by Medicare and Social Security, as applicable. No Federal, state, or OSDI tax is deducted from this amount. The software provides the ability to withhold city tax on non-cash earnings. This can be activated by checking the "Tax Non Cash Earn" box on the city tax record in the Core/Payroll Item Configuration option.
- Adoption Assistance - NC2
- Non-cash Taxable Benefit - NC3 - This pay type will represent the non-cash taxable benefit amount.
- Last Pay Accrued - LPA
- Last Pay Earnings - LPE
- Non-taxable Reimbursement
9. Choose the Compensation record you are wanting to use for this payment from the drop down box. This is a required field. An error will be created:
10. Enter in the Units (hours/days) you are paying the employee for.
11. The Rate for the job is the amount an employee earns per unit they work. This amount could be for a day, hour, etc.If the Rate field is left blank it will automatically default to the Position screen rate.
If the Overtime pay type is used and the rate field is left blank, when clicking the rate will automatically be calculated at 1.5 times the normal listed rate on the compensation record. Overtime wages are charged to an overtime account based on the employee's regular pay account. -(OBJ codes must be defined in System/Configuration/Overtime Object Code Configuration)
12. The Gross will automatically be populated when the record is saved.
13. The Contracted Gross would be pulled in if this was a stretch paid employee.
14. Enter in the Hours Worked. This field is important for retirement reporting as well as Affordable Care Act reporting purposes.
15. A brief Description can be entered to reference what the payment is for.
16. Does this payment count toward retirement? If so check thenext to the Applies for Retirement field. If this payment does not count toward retirement uncheck the next to the Applies for Retirement field.
17. Is this to be taxed as a Supplemental payment? If it should be taxed as a supplemental payment check the boxnext to Supplemental if it is not to be taxed as a supplemental payment uncheck the box next to Supplemental. This only applies to Miscellaneous and Termination Pay Types.
18. Choose the Supplemental Tax Option by clicking on the. (Federal Exemptions will be ignored if 'Supplemental Tax Options' are selected)
- Apply Annuities to Supplemental
- Apply Annuities to Regular
19. Once data is added for the employee, click onIf you do not want to add this record click on
Once the posting has been Saved if this posting needs to be deleted click on thebutton at the top left of the screen and then click the next to the entry. You will be prompted asking if you are sure you want to delete this entry if you click Delete the entry will be removed.
Specific Pay Accounts
Once the posting has been Saved but needs to be Modified, click on thebutton at the top left of the screen and then click the next to the entry. You can then make your changes or add Specific pay Accounts. Click on to save the account update. Click on to save the current record.
Error - PayAmount.rateNonZero: Rate must not equal zero. Pay amount rate could not be defaulted for selected Positions. A unit amount must be entered on the compensations for these positions. (Value: 'false')
Payroll Payments-Current Video