This option allows the user to enter in Configuration details for any installed modules. To install a Module first, go to Modules
- From the System menu select 'Configuration'
- Click on Description of the one you would like to view. It will highlight in Blue
- A description box will open up to the right and an Edit box below that.
- Click on to save the changes, click on to leave as it was.
- From the System menu select 'Configuration'
- Click on beside desired module
- Make any necessary changes
Account Mapping Configuration
The Account Mapping module allows you to determine how much detail you would like to keep for your benefit accounts. Currently, the account to which the employee's salary will be charged is used to create a benefit account. However, under EMIS reporting, benefit accounts are not required to be maintained with as much detail as the budget accounts. The district has the ability to indicate what dimensions should be carried forward when posting a benefit. For instance, if Use Operational Unit (OPU) is 'checked' , this means that when a benefit account is created on the system, this user would like the OPU that is to be charged for the employees pay to be carried through on all their benefit accounts.
The Special Cost Center (SCC) flag is referring to all special cost centers under 9000. If a SCC on the employee's account is 9000 or greater, the SCC will automatically be carried through for all the benefits.
Advanced Sick Leave Configuration
The Advanced Sick Leave Configuration will allow districts to set up a Period time for the system to automatically reset Advance Sick leave to zero:
**The Advanced Units Used will reset automatically to zero based on the period selected. For example, if Fiscal is selected and July is your fiscal start, then on July 1 the Advanced Unit Used is reset to zero**
Does the district want Sick Advance always available or available only once? Districts have two methods available to them if they wish to set up and track advance sick leave for employees who exhaust accumulated sick leave over time.
Check thefield if always available, accumulations will decrease the 'Advance Units Used' in Leaves and will allow the employee to reuse the advance sick days during period selected.
Leave uncheckedif available once, accumulations will not affect the 'Advance Units Used' in Leaves and the employee is only allowed to use the sick advance days during period selected.
The Period Options are the date range the advanced will be counted:
- Fiscal Year (July -June)
- Calendar Year (January - December)
- Custom Period, Please provide start and end dates
- Enter in Custom Start Date
- Enter in Custom End Date
Authentication and Password Requirement Configuration
Check Void Message Configuration
A Check Void Message can be added that will be printed at the bottom of the checks.
Database Administration Configuration
Deferred Absence Posting Configuration
This feature allows for deferred posting of Attendance and Import records for absences that affect Sick, Vacation and Personal leave balances. Under Systems/Configurartion contains a field to indicate if deferred posting is being used. To use the Deferred Absences Posting method, check. By not doing anything with the Deferred Absence Posting flag in SYSTEM/CONFIGURATION, the attendance absence transaction will cause the benefit balance to be updated when the attendance entry is entered.
This Deferred Absence posting option will have no effect on Accumulation entries. Any AC entries for sick, vacation and personal leave will cause the balance to be updated as the AC entry is posted to Attendance regardless of the deferred posting flag in Systems/Configurartion. This includes running Processing/Benefit Update and Projection to accumulate or reset leave information as well as posting AC entries manually through Attendance.
When the Deferred Absence Posting option has been checked, AB entries for SI, VA and PL may be entered at any time without affecting the current benefit balance in Leaves. The transactions are flagged as being unposted as they are entered into attendance. This allows attendance entries that affect a future pay period to be entered without affecting the leave balances on a current payroll.
EMIS Reporting Configuration
Enter the Current EMIS Fiscal Year. This will need to be updated every Fiscal Year.
The Reporting ID code entered in this field must match the ID that is being used within the Student Software on the Course records.
If the EMIS ID is blank, which ID field should be reported to EMIS?
- Employee ID
- Credential ID
The Z Id Pre Fix is the prefix after Z IDs found in the OEDSPREFIX file
- Example - ZE5101100
**Note** In order for this Configuration to be available, go to System/Modules/Email Notification Services and click on the
Default Administrator Address - The Default Administrator Address would be something like "firstname.lastname@example.org.
Default From Address - A true Email Address of the sender
Password - The district would now the Password
Port - The district or ITC would now the Port number (The port is often, but not always 25)
Smtp Host - The smtp host will be something similar to "mx.servername.com"
Username - The district would now the Username
Email Direct Deposit Notice Configuration
The From Email will be the email address of the person sending the notifications. Must match Default From Address in the Email Configuration setup
The Subject line to be used for email notices.
- Example: Direct Deposit Notice for 03/02/18
The Body is the text to use for the body of the email notice
- Example: Attached to this message is your direct deposit notice for the
Employee Number Automatic Generation Configuration
The 'Edit Employee Number Automatic Generation' can be config to allow Employee ID defaulting. Once in place this file will cause employee id to be automatically assigned when an employee is added to CORE/EMPLOYEE. This default employee id is generated based the highest employee id currently on file and on the parameters defined in the 'Employee Number Automatice Generation'. If this file does not exist, the EMPLOYEE program will force the Employee ID to be entered, and not be the same as the SSN.
- Increment – Numeric values from 0 to 100. If this field is set to a value other than zero, an Employee ID will be generated using the value set as the increment when duplicate numbers are encountered. If it is set to zero this will force the ID to be manually entered.
- Number Of Letters– Numeric values from 0 to 4. This field defines how many letters of the Employee's last name to use in the generated Employee ID.
- State Value – Numeric values from 0 to 100. Provides starting number value for generated IDs. This number will be used for the first unique Number assigned for the given number of letters from the last name.
- Check Use Emp Ids to allow the Employee Id to be different than the SSN . Use a set configuration to automatically generate employee numbers?
File Storage Configuration
Fiscal Year Configuration
This option shows what Month the school's Fiscal Year follows - 07/01/XXXX to 06/30/XXXX:
Import Utility Configuration
Last Account Transition Configuration **Read Only**option
The Timestamp date will update every time a new Account Change Transition is found in USAS and synced with USPS:
Overtime Object Code Configuration
Payment Printing Configuration
- The number of Check Pay Amounts that fit on your check stubs should be entered in the Check Pay Amounts Limit field. It will summarize by Pay Type (REG/MISC/ACC, etc)
- The number of Check Payroll Items that fit on your check stubs should be entered in the Check Payroll Items Limit field.
- The number of Check Position Pays that fit on your check stubs should be entered in the Check Position Pays Limit field. Example: If employee has 10 positions but 5 is the limit, then only the first 5 will print on Stub and ignore the rest.
- Should Use Overflow Pages be created when necessary? Overflow pages are separate 8 1/2 x 11 sheets listing all pay types that did not fit on the check stub or pay notification for an employee. An overflow page is created only for those employees who exceed the set number of Pay Amounts, Payroll Items and Position Pays. Check to create overflow pages
- Combine Accrued and Regular Wages into regular wages on the check stub. Check to combine wages.
- The number of DD Pay Amounts that fit on your direct deposit notifications should be entered in the Direct Deposit Pay Amounts Limits field.
- The number of DD Payroll Items that fit on your direct deposit notifications should be entered in the Direct Deposit Payroll Items Limits field.
- The number of DD Position Pays that fit on your direct deposit notifications should be entered in the Direct Deposit Position Pays Limits field.
Account Rounding Threshold - Enter what the allowable amount to be charged to pay accounts for rounding adjustments.
Contract Payoff Rounding Threshold - Enter the allowable threshold when paying off a contract obligation.
The Unit Amount Decimal Positions option sets the rate rounding preference for New Contract program.
STRS Advance Configuration
What is the current Advance Amount?
If the Advance Mode option is checked, the district is in advance
The Amount Paid Back will be updated every payroll, adding each payroll STRSAD amount.
Take district out of STRS Advance for correction
**For ITC use only, use extreme caution** This option can only be used if the district has not posted any pays while in STRS Advance. If they have posted pays in Advance but have not processed any payables, they can unpost the payroll and take the district out of advance.
If the district needs to be taken out of Advance, uncheck the strs Advance Mode SSDT_STRS_ADVANCED_FALSE.mcd-json. and clear the Advance Amount . Then go to Compensations grid, select all employees in the STRS Advance column =true. Click on and import the attached file
Once imported, click on Execution Mode:
Verify the Contract Compensations total and then click on
To Schedule USAS Account Sync Nightly, check JOB SCHEDULER:. This job will then show under UTILITIES/
To help build a time for the Account Sync to run at night, go to http://www.cronmaker.com/. Using this program, can help generate the Cron format to be entered in the Cron Expression box
Example 1: I want the Account Sync to run at 2:00 am Daily. Click on. The format is: :
Example 2: I want the Account Sync to run at 2:00 am Weekly, but only M,T,W,TH,F. Click on Generate Cron Expression. This Cron Format will need to be updated on the Cron Expression field .