The CHKUPD program updates job, pay account, and deduction amount data and creates a payroll posting file to be used by a USAS program to actually perform the posting.
When running the program, you will be prompted for the following information:
- A print options page prompt if set to Y (yes) will cause a listing to print at the beginning of the text file showing which options were selected for the run.
- A summary report option (with trearurer's signature block) and a detail report option are available. You must supply a text file name for these to print. Leaving the fields blank will cause the report to not print.
- Enter the filename for the Budget Summary rpt spreadsheet export file. Leave blank to suppress Budget Summary report spreadsheet printing.
- The Type field offers the following output options.
- WKS Lotus 1-2-3(Version 1.0)
- CSV Comma Separated Values
- TAB Tab Delimited Values
- PRN Comma and " delimited
- Enter the file name for the Budget Detail rpt spreadsheet export file. Leave blank to suppress Budget Detail report spreadsheet printing.
- Sort option (Employee ID and name) are available for the report as well as an optional report heading.
- Enter a valid check number for the distribution check. The default is the next USAS check available.
- Enter a valid vendor number for the distribution check. The default is the last vendor used with this program.
In addition to the text files requested, a file is also created that will be used by the person responsible for posting the payroll to USAS. This process takes place using a USAS program called AUTOPOST.
accessing the program
The program may be executed in the menu system:
The program may be executed by typing (if you execute the program this way the SAVEPAY and KIOSK pay slips will NOT be generated):
[Reset]key resets the fields to the default values you started the program with. Use this key to start field input over again.
[Save/Recall]key allows you to save all the screen answers that you entered during the current session. Several pop-up windows appear throughout this process. Choose the Save Current Answer option. Then select Save Answers Using a New Name and enter a name or description for your answer set. You then need to select either OK or Cancel. Each time you use the Save/Recall command, a list of the answer sets previously saved will appear. You have the option to bring-up, delete, or rename any of these.
Once all data is verified, press the
Budget Report - Summary
Budget Report - Detail
CHKUPD Informational Message
The following describes informational messages that may appear during the CHKUPD run. A CHKUPDERR.TXT will be created.
- One pay remains for Job. xx, new contract data may need to be purged.
Indicates that the next payroll will be the last one for the contract. If a new contract is to begin part way through the last pay period of the current JOBSCN contract, the new contract may need to be purged prior to starting the next payroll. This allows the days that are worked towards the new contract to be properly credited. Another option is to adjust the period begin/end dates that will be used in INICAL for the next payroll.
- No USPBEN record. Unable to update current service hrs. ###
The ### means the number of hours that should have been updated in the current service hours field on USPSCN/USPBEN. The USPSCN/USPBEN record will need to be added by the user and the number of current service hours will also need to be added. It is suggested to update the Accum/Serv field at this time also, so that MASCHG/MASSICK can be run.