Creating a Revenue Account
The "New Revenue" option under the Accounts menu is used in creating and posting new revenue accounts. Selecting "New" will open a blank revenue account window that can be used to enter the
information for a new revenue account as displayed here:
The cursor will automatically be placed in the fund dimension field. Only selected fields are accessible when creating a revenue account (they are denoted with an asterisk below). The rest of the fields are calculated fields that aren't modifiable.
- Account Number Dimensions - The revenue account entered needs to be a valid revenue account code
- Description - Enter a description for the revenue account. If the field is left blank, it will default to the description provided by the Auditor of State's USAS manual.
- Status - If the Active status is selected, it will allow receipts to be processed against this account. If the Inactive status is selected, it will disallow receipts to be processed against this account. The de-fault status is Active.
- GAAP Original Estimate - contains the first revenue amounts covering the entire fiscal year for the fund. It is used as a comparison to the current revenue throughout the fiscal year. Once this initial revenue is set, the value in this field becomes the benchmark for revenue changes that may occur during the course of the year.
- Initial Revenue - is the amount that is initially approved for the revenue account
- Fiscal Year Additions - is the total of all additional amounts estimated to this account during the current fiscal year
- Fiscal Year Deductions - is the total of all deductions to this account's estimated amount during the current fiscal year
- Month Additions - is the total of all additional amounts estimated to this account during the current month
- Month Deductions - is the total of all deductions to this account's estimated amount during the current month
- Receivable - is the total of Initial Revenue + Fiscal Year Additions - Fiscal Year Deductions
- Fiscal Year Actual Received - is the fiscal year total receipts credited to the revenue account
- Month Actual Received - is the month to date total receipts credited to the revenue account
- Calendar Year Actual Received - is the calendar year total receipts credited to the revenue account
- Remaining - is the total of the Receivable - Actual Received
- Project-to-Date Actual Receipts - contains the receipts made to the revenue account for a particular project.
The PTD flag on the related cash account must be set to "Y" in order to track PTD receipts for the associated revenue accounts.
- Receivable Percent - is the calculated percentage of the Remaining Balance amount
- Next FY Proposed - is the amount proposed for this account for the next fiscal year
- Start Date - the account will only become active after the date entered in the Start Date field.
- Stop Date - the account will only be active up until the date entered in the Stop Date field.
- Xref Code - allows user to create a unique six digit code corresponding with a USAS revenue account code. (Will only appear if flag set "Y" in USASDAT/USASCON)
- User Defined Fields - are optional fields for the district's own use.
New Revenue Account Functions
- Accept - The Accept function will add the revenue account to the USAS system. Any warnings or er-rors encountered will be displayed at the top of your browser window. The message, "Account Added Successfully" will be displayed at the top of your browser if no errors were encountered. If fatal errors are encountered, the account will not be added. Modifications will need to be made to correct the errors before the account can be posted.
- Cancel - The Cancel function will erase any entries made to the revenue account currently displayed on the screen. A pop-up box will appear in your browser ensuring that the revenue account will be cancelled. Clicking on OK will cancel the revenue account.
The New Revenue Account function options appear at both the top and the bottom of the screen for easier access.
Query Revenue Accounts
The "Query Revenue" option under the Accounts menu allows you to search for revenue accounts that currently exist on the USAS system. It is necessary to first query a revenue account in order to do any of the following:
- View the details of the existing revenue account
- Make modifications to the existing revenue account
- Clone an existing revenue account
- Delete an existing revenue account
There is an indication above the query, indicating which fields work with wildcards
You may query by any of the following options:
- Account Number: To search for a specific revenue account, enter the entire revenue account and click on Find. If you do not know the entire account code or in order to select a range of revenue accounts, the portions of the account that are known may be entered into the corresponding dimensions. Click on Find and a list will be displayed of all the revenue accounts matching the criteria entered.
- Description: To search for a revenue account by description, enter the name of the account in the de-scription field. The default is to select accounts starting with the value that you enter. You may use as-terisks '*' as a wildcard to find accounts containing a value. For example, enter '*food' in Description would select records with 'food' anywhere in the account name.
- Status: You may search accounts by active status, inactive status or both.
Under Maximum Accounts Displayed, you have the option of displaying up to 250 accounts per query. The default number returned is 50.
After entering your search criteria, click on Find and it will display all revenue accounts matching the criteria entered. Along with the revenue account code, the corresponding description, receivable balance and receivable percent of the revenue account will be displayed. In order to select a specific revenue account, click on any of the account code dimensions or the description of a specific revenue account and it will display the detailed record of the revenue account.
Any of the column headings may be clicked on to change the order in which the revenue ac-counts are currently being displayed. By default, the accounts will be displayed Fund/SCC, Re-ceipt, Subject, OPU. Simply click on the column heading that you wish to have the revenue ac-counts sorted by. For example, to display by OPU, click on that column heading. The current listing of revenue account will then be sorted by the OPU.
Modify Revenue Accounts
Revenue accounts that have been previously posted to the USAS system may be modified through the USASWEB application. In order to modify a revenue account, it must first be queried by selecting the "Query" option under the main Accounts menu. Please refer to the "Query Revenue Accounts" section for help on selecting revenue accounts to be queried. Once the account has been queried, it is selected by clicking on the account dimensions or description.
Next, click on the Modify button located under the Revenue Account Details. Once you have selected to modify, the revenue account record changes slightly. Only selected fields are opened and accessible for modifications.
The following fields are modifiable:
- GAAP Original Estimate
- Fiscal Year Additions
- Fiscal Year Deductions
- Month Additions
- Month Deductions
- Next FY Proposed
- Start Date
- Stop Date
- Xref Code
- User Defined Fields
Use Accept to post the modifications made to the revenue account. Use the Cancel function to leave the account unchanged and return to the Query page.
Cloning Revenue Accounts
The Clone feature may be used to load all information from an existing revenue account into a new revenue account. In order to clone a revenue account, the account must be queried using the "Query" option located under the main Accounts menu. Please refer to the "Query Revenue Accounts" section for help on selecting revenue accounts to be queried. Once the revenue account has been queried, it is selected by clicking on the account dimensions or description.
Next, click on the Clone function. The only fields that will be copied to the new revenue account are the entire account code and description. The status will default to active and the rest of the fields will be left blank.
The account code and description must be edited to reflect the correct account code. If any further modifications or additions are to be made to the new revenue account, they may be done so prior to adding the revenue account. Use the Accept function to add the revenue account to the system. Use the Cancel function to cancel out of the account without adding it to the system.
Deleting Revenue Accounts
The Delete function may be used to delete a revenue account.
It is important that you run the DELACT program prior to deleting an account. The DELACT program will list the revenue accounts that have no transactions associated with them, and therefore have all zero figures in them. If the revenue account shows up on DELACT, it is safe to delete the account in USASWEB.
In order to delete a revenue account, the account must be queried using the "Query" option located under the Query Revenue Accounts menu. Please refer to the "Query Revenue Accounts" section for help on selecting revenue accounts to be queried.
Next, click on the Delete button located under the Revenue Account Details. Once you have selected to delete, you will receive a pop-up box prompting you if you are sure you want to delete this revenue account.
Click on "OK" to delete the account and return to the Query page or click on "Cancel" to cancel out of the pop-up box.