A vendor is a person or company that the entity is purchasing goods or services from. The vendor record contains basic biographical information as well as 1099 and New Hire reporting information. The 1099 fields are based on the IRS guidelines. The New Hire Reporting flags are used for vendors that need to be reported to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
The vendor number will be automatically assigned to the next available number on file unless you override the auto assign by entering a desired vendor number.
Check name and address location are used if payment should be sent to a different name/location than the purchasing information.
- From the Core menu select 'Vendor'
- Click on
Enter in desired information for the vendor
Vendor primary name and number are required. The number will be automatically assigned for you unless you enter in a vendor number.
Default Payment Type options include:
- Check: used for disbursements where a physical check is required.
- Electronic: used for memo-type disbursements. Memo Vendor numbers from 900000-999999 are no longer used in the redesign. A memo vendor is designated by selecting the default payment type of 'Electronic'.
Separate Locations can be added if the vendor has separate purchase order, check and 1099 addresses.
- Enter a label for each type of location (i.e. Purchase Order for the PO Address). If you do not enter a label, the location name will default to 'Primary'.
- Enter the desired information for the location and check mark the appropriate box
- For example: If you vendor's Purchase Order and Check Address locations are the same, you only need to enter one location (leave the location box blank and it wil default to 'Primary') and checkmark bot the PO and Check boxes.
- If the 'Name 1' field is left blank, it will default to the name in the "Primary Name' field.
4. Click onto post the vendor to the system, click on Cancel to not post the vendor and return to the Vendor grid.
Vendor Grid allows the user to search for existing vendors. Click onto view a particular vendor. The vendor grid also allows you to sort vendor information by typing specifics within the Column Title blank fields or selecting a Column Title to sort all vendors in ascending/descending order for example.
Only fields that are allowed to be edited will be displayed.
- Search desired vendor on grid
- Click on to edit the vendor
- Make desired changes
- Click on to save desired changes to vendor, click on to not posted changes and return to the Vendor grid.
When viewing a vendor, you have the option of editing the Vendor FYTD and YTD amounts via theoption. This option may be useful in making adjustments to the amounts reported for 1099 purposes or for startup districts with no classic USAS data to import.
- View a vendor
- Click on Vendor Adjustments to open the Vendor Adjustments grid.
- Click on Create to create an adjustment:
- Date: The date will default to the current date. If updated, the date must be in an open period.
- Description: You can optionally enter a description for the vendor transaction
- By default, taxable will be checkmarked. When checked, both the FYTD Taxable Total and FYTD Total as well as the YTD Taxable Total and YTD Total amounts will be updated. The 1099 program will use the amount from the YTD Taxable Total.
- Amount: the amount of the vendor adjustment. The amount entered can be positive or negative to increase or reduce the current YTD totals. This field cannot be blank or $0.00.
- Click on Post to post the transaction and it will be displayed on the Vendor Adjustment grid.
It is not recommended to delete old vendors since this might destroy an audit trail. If the vendor number is re-used, reports from prior fiscal years will not match current vendor information. We recommend changing the status from "active" to "inactive" instead. Vendors will only be able to be deleted if they are not used on any transactions currently in the database.
- Search desired vendor to delete
- Click on to delete the vendor.
- Click on "delete" to confirm deletion.
More Information on Vendor
If the ACHProcessing module is installed (using the System>Modules menu option), then a set of ACH fields will also be available for the vendor. USAS-R does not currently support the creation of ACH files, but these fields may be used with third-party vendor software that support vendor ACH submission.
Changing Vendor Numbers
By default, the system does not allow you to change vendor numbers. However, this is controlled by an optional rule which can be disabled or customized to be a warning instead of a fatal error. This rule can be found in the System>Rules option with the name org.ssdt_ohio.usas.model.vendor.VendorNumberChanged.
Tracking Vendor Numbers
In SYSTEM/Configuration, the Transaction Configuration option allows the district to track the highest transaction number instead of the system using the highest number retrieved from the database. Please click here for more details.
Multi-Vendors from Classic
Since requisitions and purchase orders can be posted without a vendor in the redesign, the use of multi-vendor vendor numbers is no longer neded in the Redesign. When importing Classic's multi-vendor vendors, they will be automatically set to inactive. Custom fields can be used to track requisitions/purchase orders paid to multiple vendors.
Taxpayer ID Rules
By default, the TIN Type field must be set to SSN or EIN if the Taxpayer ID is entered and the vendor is flagged with a 1099 type. However, this is controlled by an optional rule which can be disabled or customized to be a warning instead of a fatal error. This rule can be found in the System>Rules option with the name org.ssdt_ohio.usas.model.vendor.VendorTaxIdRules.