A "user" is a person that the software is designed for and is using it. The username entered when creating the user is the username they will use to log into USAS-R.
Users are assigned one or more Roles. The roles assigned to the user thus determine the access that user will have in the system.
Create a User
- From the System menu select 'User'
- Click on
- Enter in required user information
- Grant the User one or more roles
highlight desired roles
To select more than one role at a time hold the control key and click on each one.
To select more than one role in consecutive order highlight the first role, hold the shift key and highlight the list permission.
- Select a Filter from the drop down. The filter is pulled from an account filter stored in the 'Account Filters' option under UTILITIES.
- When an Account Filter is applied to a User, that user will only be able to view accounts matching that filter in the Account Grid
- The Account Filter will also apply for all detail level reports like account summary and financial detail reports.
- Requisition Prefixes: Enter Requisition Prefixes to be used for auto-assign, restricting prefixes that can be used when entering requisitions, and/or restricting which requisition users can view.
- Prefixes cannot contain special characters. Multiple prefixes must be separated by a comma.
- The requisition number, including the prefix, will default to 8 characters in length. (ex. if P=Prefix, the format of requisition # will be PPPP####)
- ABC1 will start at ABC10001
- ABC will be ABC0001 (7digits holding a spot for the 4th prefix)
- AB will be AB0001 (only using 2 spaces of the formatted requisition # PPPP####)
- Auto-assign: When a Requisition Prefix is entered it will be used to auto-assign requisition numbers when that user leaves the Requisition number blank. if there are multiple prefixes entered then the first prefix will be used for auto-assign.
- When entering an existing prefix the highest Req number + 1 will be used
- When entering a new prefix the series will start at 1 (ex. ABCD prefix will start ABCD0001)
- Prefixes can contain numbers (ex. ABC1 will start at ABC10001)
- Selectable Group Chains: For districts with Requisition Approvals enabled, the User's detail information will contain this section. This will be used to assign Group Chains that the user can submit Requisition Approvals to. Ability to select one or multiple Group Chains. Group Chains available in this list are determined by records created on the System > Group Chains page.
- Restrict Requisitions:
- If checked, the user must enter a value in Requisition Prefixes. The values entered will be the only prefixes the user sees or can use when creating requisitions.
- If not checked, the user will only be able to use the values entered in 'Requisition Prefixes' but will still be able to see all requisitions.
- Balance Checking options are all check marked by default and include:
- Allow Negative Appropriation: If unchecked, the user will receive errors when posting to negative appropriation balances.
- Allow Negative Budget: If unchecked, the user will receive errors when posting to negative budget balances.
- Warn on Negative Amounts: Only applicable if negative amounts are permitted. If negative amounts are permitted and this is checkmarked, it will issue a warning when encountering negative balances.
- Click on to create the user, click on to not create the user..
The User grid allows the user to search for existing account filters by clicking in the filter row in the grid columns and entering in the desired information. Click on any row of the search results to see a summary view of the record. The Advanced Search can be utilized by clicking on the in the upper right side of the grid.
Click onin the grid beside the user to edit the record. Only fields that are allowed to be edited will be displayed.
Change User Password
A user's password may be changed for them or if the user knows their password, they may also change it themselves by clicking on the Change Password link on the login page.
- From the System menu select 'User'
- Search for desired user
- Click on
- Enter in the new password and verify it
- Click on to make the change, click to to not change the password.
When a user password is set, the Password Expiration will default a date based on the Password Lifetime setup in the Authentication and Password Requirement Configuration. If the user account is for a third party application and should never expire, the Password Expiration can be modified to a date far in the future. Ex. 1/1/2070
Change External Authentication
Mass Change can be used to update the External Authentication flag on a group of records. When External Authentication is checked for a user they will not be able to log in using local credentials (a password set in USAS-R) only with their external authentication credentials. The Mass Change module must be enabled to use this function. Once enabled, the Mass Change section can be opened on the Users grid and the Change External Authentication (SSDT) mass change definition can be accessed by users with access to execute mass change or higher. For more information on how to use mass change definitions see the Mass Change section of the Appendix.
User Listing Report
To run a report showing the Username, Name, Last Login and Roles of the user, import the USAS-R User Listing Report.rpd-json file into your instance.