A refund is the process of returning money previously receipted into the system. The refund module has the option of creating a refund check to a specified vendor.
If the refund requires a check to be created you will check the 'create check' box. When checked, it will activate the check fields. After the vendor number is entered it will automatically populate the 'Refunded To' field with the name of the vendor. Either a physical check or electronic payment will be posted to the system depending on the default payment type of the vendor. You cannot assign a check number in Refund. After the refund is posted, the refund check information will be available in Disbursements. You can use the 'Generate Print File' option to assign a check number and generate a print file.
- From the Transaction menu, select "Refunds".
- Click on Create
- Enter in desired information from the refund.
- If creating a refund check, select Create Check' which then opens the 'Check Date' and 'Vendor Number' fields for data entry.
- click on to add line items.
- Click on Save to post the refund to the system. Click on Cancel to cancel out of the transaction without posting.
Refund Grid allows the user to search for refunds that have been posted on the system. Click onto view a particular refund.
Existing refunds from an open posting period may be modified. Only fields that are allowed to be edited will be displayed.
- Search desired transaction on grid
- Click on
to edit the transaction
- Make desired changes
- Click on to save desired changes, click on Cancel to not post the changes and return to the grid.
Click on Disbursements chapter, 'Generate a Print File' section, to assign a check number and print the check.to submit a copy of a posted Refund in a desired output format. Users have the ability to print a single Refund or select several refunds at one time. To print a refund with check, please refer to the
The clone function may be used to copy all of the information from an existing refund into a new one while allowing changes to be made. A new refund number must be supplied.
- View the desired refund
- Click on Clone
- enter in new refund number and date
- make additional changes if needed
- Click on Save to post the refund to the system, click on Cancel to not post the refund.
By default, the vendor and account code must be active. This behavior may be customized if desired, see rules org.ssdt_ohio.usas.model.refund.RefundVendorActive and org.ssdt_ohio.usas.model.refund.RefundAccountRules.
If the refund requires a check to be created you would checkmark the 'Create Check'. When selected it will open up the check fields. After the vendor number is entered it will automatically populate the 'Refunded To' field with the name of the vendor. Either a physical check or electronic payment will be created in the system depending on the default payment type of the vendor.