The Proration Utility program generates a spreadsheet which may be used to assist in calculating premium amounts for Worker's Compensation payments.
Note that running this utility requires an account filter to be selected. Account filters should be created prior to running the utility via the Account Filters page.
- Time Period: Select amounts based off the following time periods:
- Month to Date
- Calendar Year to Date
- Fiscal Year to Date
- Account Filter: Select an existing account filter in order to include specific accounts in the spreadsheet. An account filter will need to be created if they do not have one for the accounts they want to prorate (i.e. 1xx object code Expenditure Accounts)
- Run By Appropriation: Generate at appropriation account code level instead of by expenditure accounts.
- File Name: Enter the Name of the spreadsheet
- Click on to create the spreadsheet.
Once the spreadsheet is created, you may enter the amount you wish to prorate in cell B1 and this will automatically prorate the amount entered to all of the accounts included in the spreadsheet by calculating the percentage and prorated amount to be charged to each account. You may edit the spreadsheet within the program or use the Download optionso it can be pulled into EXCEL. The spreadsheet includes the account codes (based off of the account filter entered), account description, the expenditure amount (based off of the time period selected), the percentage to prorate and the prorated amount based on the total amount entered in B1. Accounts will be sorted in order by Full Account Code. Once the spreadsheet is complete, it can be used as a reference when creating your workers compensation requisition or purchase order.
The Create PO CSV option can be used to download the information to a spreadsheet formatted with columns that can be use with the Purchase Order Import option. When generating the PO CSV, a window will pop up with the following options:
- File Name: Name used for the CSV file that will be created.
- Account Mapping: Used to map accounts in Proration Utility grid to different account codes if desired. The Account Code Mappings should be pre-configured on the Account Code Mapping grid to appear in the drop down. (ex. Can be used to map salary account codes to benefit account codes)
- Purchase Order #: A purchase order number can be assigned. If this field is left blank, a purchase order will be automatically assigned when the file is imported.
- Vendor: Select a vendor to be used on the PO. If a vendor is not assigned to the imported record, the Purchase Order will be marked as a Multi-vendor PO.
- Purchase Order Date: Used to assign the date used on the Purchase Order
This information is used to generate the PO CSV. However, any information can be manually edited on the spreadsheet prior to importing if needed.