A Redesign Technical Setup and Migration Guide is available in an effort to consolidate the various pieces of our documentation relevant to setting up a new school on USXS-R.
SSDT strongly recommends ITCs run test imports on their district's data two months before the dual-processing period. When running a test import, please review the Data Cleanup section on the 'Post Import Procedures to ensure account and transaction totals, including running a Carryover Reconciliation Report, are correct and any necessary corrections addressed.
Before extracting a district's data from the Classic system (in order for it to be imported in USAS-R), the following may need to be addressed:
- Review outstanding .BATCH files
- Future PO files with .BATCH, .INPROGRESS and .REJECTED extensions in Classic will automatically import into the posting period based on the PO date in the batch file. Recommend districts review all future PO files with these extensions to see if any need to be included in the extract. Any old future PO files that do not need to be posted in Classic should be cleaned up in the district's data directory before extracting data for the Redesign.
- Outstanding BRDDIS batch files must be posted in Classic before extracting data. If some of those batch files are old BRDDIS batch files that do not need to be posted in Classic, they should be cleaned up in the district's data directory before extracting data for the Redesign.
- Outstanding PAYROLL batch files must be posted in Classic before extracting data.
- Review outstanding requisitions
- If you have outstanding requisitions from prior years that you do not intend on converting to purchase orders, you can delete the unnecessary requisitions before extracting your data.
- Classic Reports REQSUM or REQDET an be used to review Requisitions
Re-Import Data Precautions
If a district's Classic data has been imported into a Redesign test instance or live instance for the district and the Classic data needs to be re-extracted and re-imported into the Redesign, the following may need to be addressed:
- Prior to re-importing the data into the Redesign, save any custom reports reports created using the 'download report definition' in the Report Manager. Save them to a folder on your PC using the default .rpd-json file format. Once the data has been re-imported to the Redesign, any custom reports will be removed so the user will need to use the option under Report Manager to re-import the report definition back into their grid.
- If user grids have been customized, users will want to make screen shots or write down how their grids are currently set up. When data is re-imported, it defaults back to the original grid settings so after the re-importing of the data, the user will need to reset their grids to their prior setup.