Before extracting a district's data from the Classic system (in order for it to be imported in USAS-R), the following may need to be addressed:
- Review outstanding .BATCH files
- Future PO files with .BATCH, .INPROGRESS and .REJECTED extensions in Classic will automatically import into the posting period based on the PO date in the batch file. Recommend districts review all future PO files with these extensions to see if any need to be included in the extract. Any old future PO files that do not need to be posted in Classic should be cleaned up in the district's data directory before extracting data for the Redesign.
- Outstanding BRDDIS batch files must be posted in Classic before extracting data. If some of those batch files are old BRDDIS batch files that do not need to be posted in Classic, they should be cleaned up in the district's data directory before extracting data for the Redesign.
- Outstanding PAYROLL batch files must be posted in Classic before extracting data.
Re-Import Data Precautions
If a district's Classic data has been imported into a Redesign test instance or live instance for the district and the Classic data needs to be re-extracted and re-imported into the Redesign, the following may need to be addressed:
- Prior to re-importing the data into the Redesign, save any custom reports reports created using the 'download report definition' in the Report Manager. Save them to a folder on your PC using the default .rpd-json file format. Once the data has been re-imported to the Redesign, any custom reports will be removed so the user will need to use the option under Report Manager to re-import the report definition back into their grid.
- If user grids have been customized, users will want to make screen shots or write down how their grids are currently set up. When data is re-imported, it defaults back to the original grid settings so after the re-importing of the data, the user will need to reset their grids to their prior setup.