This page is a draft and may contain incomplete or inaccurate information
This option allows users with the proper permissions to enter configuration details for any installed modules. ADMIN access as well as any role with the permission 'MODULE_CONFIGURATIONSTORE' granted to it will be able to access the "Configuration' option under System.
- From the System menu select 'Configuration'
- Click on Description of the one you would like to view. It will highlight in Blue
- A description box will open up to the right and an Edit box below that.
- From the System menu select 'Configuration'
- Click on beside desired module
- Make any necessary changes
- Click on
Payable Module Configuration
Is the Payable's module initialized? Indicates whether Payable Journals have been initialized.
The Payables module is initialized by default after data has been imported.
Activity Ledger Configuration
If initialized, indicates Activity Ledgers should be cleared and reposted at startup.
Authentication and Password Requirement Configuration
Allows user to make changes the user password configuration. NOTE: this will affect all users on the system.
- alter the minimum length of a password and optionally require mixed case and/or numeric values as part of the password
- alter password expiration. Sets the number of days between required password changes. Default value is 90 days. If set to zero, passwords will not automatically expire.
- Pre-Expired Password: If a user's password is changed by an administrator, should the password be immediately expired? This will require the user to change the password on the next login. Does not affect users who hold the 'ADMINISTRATORS' role.
Classic Migration Configuration
Contains the date and time Classic's ADJUST program was run when closing the last fiscal year prior to export.
The date and time will be filled in automatically after the data has been imported. The ADJUST date and time are pulled from the 'Fiscal Year Closed' field in Classic's USACON.
Database Administration Configuration
Ability to modify the disbursement check printing specifications.
EIS Classic Integration Configuration
Before setting up the EIS configuration, you must first install the 'EIS Classic Integration' module from the Modules option under System.
Allows user to
- enter a pending threshold amount.
- By checkmarking 'AUTOMATIC', when invoicing a PO item, it will automatically flag a 6xx level object code item as an 'inventory item'. If left unchecked, user will be prompted in AP invoice to flag 5xx and 6xx level object code items as an 'inventory items'.
The SSDT Inventory Pending Extract report will pull the flagged items based on the spreadsheet.
EMIS SOAP Service Configuration
Before extracting your fiscal year data for financial reporting, you must enter the fiscal year in which you are reporting for. For example, if you are reporting data for FY18, enter 2018 as the fiscal year. This will need to be reset for successive years.
Encumbrance Module Configuration
Is the Encumbrance module initialized? Indicates whether Encumbrance ledgers have been initialized.
Encumbrances are initialized by default after data has been imported.
Expenditure Module Configuration
Is the Expenditure module initialized? Indicates whether Expenditure ledgers have been initialized.
Expenditure are initialized by default after data has been imported.
Import Utility Configuration
GL Journal Entry Module Configuration
Indicates whether the general ledger journal entries have been initialized.
GL Ledger journal entries are initialized by default after data has been imported.
PreEncumbrance Module Configuration
Am I tracking requisitioned amounts? Indicates whether the Preencumbrance module has been initialized.
Revenue Module Configuration
Is the Revenue module initialized? Indicates whether Revenue ledgers have been initialized.
Revenues are initialized by default after data has been imported.
This option will allow the district to track the highest transaction number used instead of the system using the highest number retrieved from the database. This will be helpful in eliminating gaps in transaction numbers.
Separate bank accounts created under CORE/BANK accounts may contain the same check number. The highest number in the configuration would be for all Bank Accounts.
When vendors are imported over, if the district highest number was 900100 in classic, when creating a new vendor in redesign, it's going to default to the highest number so it would auto assign 900101. With the Transaction Configuration option, you have the option to control the 'highest' transaction number by entering a number of your choice. NOTE: It does work a bit differently than Classic. To auto assign, the system will base if off of the 'highest vendor number' entered in the Transaction Configuration screen. For example, if I want to start incrementing from 9428, and the next number vendor on file is 13413, that is a huge gap between the two numbers. I would enter '13413' as my highest vendor in Transaction Configuration and when I create a new vendor, it will think 13413 is my highest and then it will look at the last one used (9428) and increment from there and assign 9429.
When the 'USPS Integration Module' is installed (under SYSTEM/Modules), the USPS Configure information will be automatically filled in.