The AMDCERT program generates the "Amended Official Certificate of Estimated Resources" report to be submitted to the county auditor. The program offers the option to create a spreadsheet file which can be used to electronically send the information to the auditor's office. AMDCERT is an option located under the main USACERT menu.
The AMDCERT program has the ability to properly report permanent funds. Reporting requirements state that only interest earnings are supposed to be considered available for expenditure when certifying year-end balances of a permanent fund to the county auditor. AMDCERT allows the user to enter the fund and special cost center along with the associated principal amount for any permanent funds. The amount entered for each fund/scc will be subtracted from the beginning cash balance reported for the fund.
AMDCERT also allows you to indicate how you want property tax allocations (receipt codes 3131, 3132, 3133, 3134, 3135 and 3139), Income Taxes (receipt code 1130), and Other Taxes (receipt code 1190) to be reported. You are given the option to have them included in the "Taxes" column or in the "Other Sources" column of the report. You may also choose to exclude funds. This might be utilized when it becomes necessary to exclude a budget reserve fund, student activity funds, or auxiliary service funds, etc. There is also an option that allows you to select whether you would like estimated receipts for Income Tax (receipt code 1130) included under the column "Taxes" or under the column "Other Sources".
This program also offers the functionality of allowing you to specify the reporting level of certain funds. By default, all funds will be reported at the fund/scc level. However, you can choose to enter ranges of fund numbers and specify a reporting level of either fund or fund/scc.
You should also note that it is necessary to enter any advances that have not been repaid when generating the report.
accessing the program
The program may be executed by typing:
at the $ prompt, then select AMDCERT from the main menu, or in the menu system type:
and then select AMDCERT from the main menu.
AMDCERT Screen 1 of 4
- The default report file name is AMDCERT.TXT. The text file name can be changed at the Output file prompt.
- You may choose to create a spreadsheet file that can be used to electronically send the report to the auditor's office. Enter a file name on the Output spreadsheet file field to create a file.
Type is the type of spreadsheet export file that you wish to create. In order to see the available options, move the cursor to the "Type" line and press the Help key. A pop-up
window such as the following will appear. You may then highlight the type of your choice and press Return.
The list of available types may vary based on the capabilities of the system you are working on.
- The Print options page prompt, if set to Y (yes), will cause a listing to print at the beginning of the AMDCERT.TXT file showing which options were selected during the program run.
- The *Beginning year for the report * prompt should be set to the year starting the fiscal year to be reported. For instance if the report is for Fiscal Year 2002 (July 2001 - June 2002), you would want to enter 2001.
- The Date of Report allows you to enter the date that you would like to appear in the report header. The default will be the date that the program is run.
- Enter "Y" or "N" to *include accounts with all zero balances*.
- The *Include Property Tax Allocations as Taxes or Other* prompts allow you to indicate (for each code: 3131, 3132, 3133, 3134, 3135, 3139), whether you want the receivable amounts reported in the "Taxes" column or the "Other Sources" column of the report. This allows more flexibility to meet the varying needs of each county.
- The Include Income Taxes as Taxes or Other prompt allows you to select whether you would like estimated receipts for Income Tax (receipt code 1130) included under the column "Taxes" or
under the column "Other Sources" of the report.
- The Include Other Taxes as Taxes or Other prompt allows you to select whether you would like the receipts for Other Taxes (receipt code 1190, Local Taxes) reported under the column "Taxes" or under the column "Other Sources" of the report.
AMDCERT Screen 2 of 4
- Enter Fund/SCC numbers that you wish to exclude from the report or that you have advances not repaid to report. You may enter an '*' for the special cost center to exclude all scc's for a particular fund. Leaving the scc field blank will also exclude all scc's for the specified fund.
- To Exclude a fund from the report, enter "Y". Enter "N" or leave blank to have a fund included. Examples of funds to be excluded may be your budget reserve fund, student activity funds, auxiliary service funds, etc.
- Any Advances Not Repaid from July 1 of the prior year must be manually entered. Enter a positive amount for the fund that made the advance, and a negative amount for the fund that will be making the reimbursement. The amounts entered should match what was entered when generating the Certificate of Available Balances through CERTBAL.
AMDCERT Screen 3 of 4
- The Fund Ranges allows you to specify ranges of fund numbers to be reported at the same reporting level.
- The Reporting Level allows you to set the level, Fund or Fund/Special Cost Center, of reporting for the specified range of funds. If not specified, the default for all funds is the fund/scc level. Funds reported at the fund level will be listed on the report with only one line summarizing all special cost centers for that particular fund.
AMDCERT Screen 4 of 4
- The Principal Amounts for Permanent Funds allows you to enter the permanent fund and special cost center along with the associated principal amount of that fund. The default value of 008 may be overridden - it will accept funds other than just 008. The amount entered for each fund/scc will be subtracted from the beginning cash balance reported for the fund.