The AMDCERT program generates the "Amended Official Certificate of Estimated Resources" report to be submitted to the county auditor. The program offers the option to create a spreadsheet file which can be used to electronically send the information to the auditor's office. AMDCERT is an option located under the main USACERT menu.
The AMDCERT program has the ability to properly report permanent funds. Reporting requirements state that only interest earnings are supposed to be considered available for expenditure when certifying year-end balances of a permanent fund to the county auditor. AMDCERT allows the user to enter the fund and special cost center along with the associated principal amount for any permanent funds. The amount entered for each fund/scc will be subtracted from the beginning cash balance reported for the fund.
AMDCERT also allows you to indicate how you want property tax allocations (receipt codes 3131, 3132, 3133, 3134, 3135 and 3139), Income Taxes (receipt code 1130), and Other Taxes (receipt code 1190) to be reported. You are given the option to have them included in the "Taxes" column or in the "Other Sources" column of the report. You may also choose to exclude funds. This might be utilized when it becomes necessary to exclude a budget reserve fund, student activity funds, or auxiliary service funds, etc. There is also an option that allows you to select whether you would like estimated receipts for Income Tax (receipt code 1130) included under the column "Taxes" or under the column "Other Sources".
This program also offers the functionality of allowing you to specify the reporting level of certain funds. By default, all funds will be reported at the fund/scc level. However, you can choose to enter ranges of fund numbers and specify a reporting level of either fund or fund/scc.
You should also note that it is necessary to enter any advances that have not been repaid when generating the report.
accessing the program
The program may be executed by typing:
at the $ prompt, then select AMDCERT from the main menu, or in the menu system type:
and then select AMDCERT from the main menu.
AMDCERT Screen 1 of 4
- Output file
- Output spreadsheet file
Type is the type of spreadsheet export file that you wish to create. In order to see the available options, move the cursor to the "Type" line and press the Help key. A pop-up
window such as the following will appear. You may then highlight the type of your choice and press Return.
The list of available types may vary based on the capabilities of the system you are working on.
- Print options page
- The *Beginning year for the report * prompt should be set to the year starting the fiscal year to be reported. For instance if the report is for Fiscal Year 2002 (July 2001 - June 2002), you would want to enter 2001.
- Date of Report
- Enter "Y" or "N" to *include accounts with all zero balances*.
- The *Include Property Tax Allocations as Taxes or Other* prompts allow you to indicate (for each code: 3131, 3132, 3133, 3134, 3135, 3139), whether you want the receivable amounts reported in the "Taxes" column or the "Other Sources" column of the report. This allows more flexibility to meet the varying needs of each county.
- Include Income Taxes as Taxes or Other
- Include Other Taxes as Taxes or Other
AMDCERT Screen 2 of 4
- Advances Not Repaid
AMDCERT Screen 3 of 4
- Fund Ranges
- Reporting Level
AMDCERT Screen 4 of 4
- Principal Amounts for Permanent Funds