The LPDMNT program was created in response to the new Teacher Education and Licensure Standards. These standards specify new requirements for renewal of certificates and licenses issued by the Ohio Department of Education. The renewal requirements will be met by completion of an individual professional development plan that is approved by a local professional development committee.
The LPDMNT program maintains biographical information on school employees including information on the employee's degree(s), continuing education units, college courses, etc.. This program will assist in documenting the relative information.
The following sections of this chapter describe how to use the LPDMNT program.
accessing the program
The program may be executed by typing:
at the MENU prompt, select the desired screen option.
LPDBIO - Biographical Data Maintenance
The purpose of the LPDBIO module is to record and maintain employee biographical information. The module consists of one screen per employee and uses the 'Standard Maintenance Options'. The information on this screen is:
- SSN is the social security number for the employee being added or currently being displayed on the screen.
- Last Name is the employee's last name.
- First Name is the employee's first name.
- Middle is the employee's middle initial.
- The Street, City, State, and Zip refers to the address of the employee's current residence.
- Home phone is the employee's home phone number.
- Work phone is the employee's work phone number.
- District IRN is the IRN for the district where the person is employed.
- Buidling IRN is the IRN for the specific building the employee works in.
- The Cert/Lic Date is the date the employee's current license was isssued.
- The CRLS Date is the date for the employee's Certificate Renewal/License Summary.
- The Date IPDP Approved is the date the employee's Individual Professional Development Plan was approved.
- The User defined fields are optional fields that may be used by the district to record additional information for the employees.
- Top function key will either take you to the first (lowest) social security number or the first name (alphabetically) on record in LPDBIO. This will depend on what criteria was used to "Find" the current record, the social security number or the name.
- Exit function key will allow you to exit out of LPDBIO
- Next function key will take you to the next social security number or the next name on record. This will depend on what criteria was used to "Find" the current record, the social security number or the name.
- Find function key finds the record for the social security number or name specified in the find fields located at the top of the screen. After typing in either a social security number or a part of a name, press the
[jt:FIND]function key and LPDBIO will display the record for the specified social security number or name.
Add function key allows the user to add new records as needed.
In the Add Mode, there is an "Update" function key. The Update function pulls information from the USPS BIOSCN record for a specified social security number. While in add mode, after filling in the SSN field, press the
[UPDATE]function key. LPDBIO will automatically
fill in the Name, City, Street, State, Zip Code, and Home Phone # fields provided the information is in the USPS BIOSCN record. The user will still need to manually enter the Work Phone #, District IRN, and Building IRN fields.
- Delete function key allows the user to delete records as needed.
- Modify function key allows the user to make changes to records as needed. All fields can be modified except the Social Security Number field.
- Lockmode function key "locks you" into any of the major function keys available in LPDBIO. The keys that may be used with "Lockmode" include: "Add", "Delete", and "Modify". By pressing
[LOCKMODE]and then another function key such as
[ADD], LPDBIO will allow the user to keep adding new records without having to press the
[jADD]key again and again.
- Set defaults function key allows the user to establish preset values in the LPDBIO screen to be used when adding new records. These settings are removed when the LPDMNT program is exited.
- Switch function key allows the user to "switch" between the LPDBIO and LPDCRT programs. While in display mode of either of these subprograms, if
[SWITCH]is selected, a submenu of function keys is created with the options to "Go LPDCRT" or "Cancel Switch". The switch function eliminates the need to go back to the LPDMNT menu in order to access the individual subprograms.
LPDCRT - Certificate/Degree Data Maintenance
The purpose of the LPDCRT module is to record and maintain employee's certificate(s) and earned degree(s). The information on this screen is:
- Employee SSN:
- Type: Enter CEU for Continuing Education Units; CRS for College Course; DEG for Degree; LPD for Local Professional Development.
- Date: Enter the date of completion/issuance in the MM/DD/YYYY format. A valid date must be entered for each transaction. A warning will alert the user that they are entering a CEU/LPD record to the file for a date on which there is already a CEU/LPD record. The warning may be ignored by pressing the 'Accept' key a second time.
- Hrs/Cr Description: Enter number of semester, quarter, or credit hours or CEU credit. The screen will display and store Hours/Credit as CEU credits. The user may enter Semester and Quarter hours which will automatically be translated into the correct amount of CEU credit. In order to enter Semester hours, the number should be entered followed by an S. For example, 2S would be translated into 6 CEU credits. To enter Quarter hours, the number should be entered followed by a Q. For example, 1.5 Q would be translated into 3 CEU credits. The translation will occur when the 'Accept' key is pressed.
- Switch Function: When 'Switching' from LPDBIO to LPDCRT, if the SSN can not be found, a message will be displayed to indicate such. The first SSN on file will be displayed in LPDCRT when this occurs.
- Add Function: When using the 'Add' function, the current SSN is supplied by default. With this in mind, the cursor will be placed on the first CEU transaction line. If a different SSN needs to be entered, the user will have to go back to the SSN field and do so. The 'Help' key may be used while positioned on the SSN field to allow entry by employee name.
- Toggle Tab Function: This feature will allow the fields to be toggled off; which may be useful if defaults were supplied using the 'Set Defaults' function.