Subscribe to the SSDT Newsletter by clicking here. Your email will be added to a distribution list.
Wave Status Update
It's hard to believe that we are officially in Wave 8 of our migrations! Waves 6 and 7 were our biggest waves and I can't thank ITC staff and districts enough for their hard work in migrating over 300 districts within the past year alone! Such a huge accomplishment. With almost all remaining districts scheduled in waves 8 and 9, hopefully we can all start to see that warm and welcoming light at the end of the tunnel. As ODE stated, wave 10 is reserved for emergency migrations, so we appreciate everyone's flexibility in making this happen.
Our classic software applications will be retired in December 2022. This means we will no longer support the classic software after calendar 2022 closing is complete nor will districts be able to process a payroll for calendar year 2023 in the classic software. If you are still using our classic applications and are unclear of your migration plan, please contact your ITC immediately for further assistance. To state it clearly once more, you will not be able to process 2023 payrolls in the classic software, so it is imperative that you have migrated off of classic before you need to run your first 2023 payroll.
Wave 8 will prove to be very exciting with major new enhancements unfolding. The Inventory application, a separate brand new application, will make its production debut mid-August. (Beta release is projected for Friday, July 23rd). We have been testing, and testing (and did I say testing?) the application and I have to tell you, it's sweet! For those loyal EIS users, I think we will quickly win you over with how easy, clean and fluid the redesigned application is.
As if a new application isn't enough, the implementation of workflows within the USPS-R and USAS-R applications is right around the corner! We plan on officially releasing the production version September 22nd (with a beta release scheduled for August). The initial release of workflows will include requisition approval in USAS-R and employee onboarding in USPS-R.
The SSDT will be presenting (in person!) both the Inventory application and Workflow system at the OEDSA conference this fall. The conference will be held at a new venue this year (Hilton Polaris Columbus) and is scheduled for September 15th - 17th. We're so looking forward to seeing you all again and being able to share the latest features and enhancements of state software!
It is Here! Posting a Voided or Unvoided Payment from USPS-R to USAS-R
The capability of posting a voided or unvoided payment from USPS-R to USAS-R is now available making it so much easier to make updates in both applications.
- After you have Voided a payment in Payments>Payroll Payroll Payments tab, go to USAS Integration>Payment Void/Unvoid Submission. The grid will display the payment you voided. Click on .
- Details of the payment and expenditure accounts that were charged will be displayed. After verifying this is the correct information, click on
- You will receive a verification that the submission was sent to USAS successfully. You can return to the Payment Void/Unvoid Submission grid by clicking on
- The 'USAS Posting Status' will be updated to 'Pending' on the voided payment.
- The same process applies for Unvoiding a Payment.
- When the Void has been submitted to USAS-R, a pending transaction will show in USAS-R under Transaction>Pending Transactions.
- Click on .The USAS-R user will have a choice to 'Validate' for any warning/error messages as well as to 'Post' or 'Reject' the pending transaction. If the USAS-R user posts the Void, the user can choose the transaction date and a receipt will be generated reversing the original expenditure entry by processing a reduction of expenditure. The amount expended will be reduced on the account. If the USAS-R user rejects the Void, the user can enter a rejection reason and the file is returned to USPS-R without affecting the expenditure accounts.
- When USPS-R submits an Unvoid to USAS, the USAS-R user will again have a choice to 'Validate' for any warning/error messages as well as 'Post' or 'Reject' the pending Unvoid transaction. If the USAS-R user posts the Unvoid, the user can choose a transaction date and a Disbursement will be generated increasing the amount expended on the account. If the USAS-R user rejects the Unvoid, the user can enter the rejection reason and the file is returned to USPS-R without affecting the expenditure accounts.
- If the Void/Unvoid file is resubmitted to USAS-R, the USPS-R user will be informed that the payment has already been submitted and require a confirmation of OK to continue.
- No labels