Published December 7th, 2016
The Payroll Process in the Redesign
Under the 'Payroll' menu, the Payroll Processing program is the first program to be run in the payroll processing sequence. It initializes all active status employee records for the pay groups and pay dates specified in the program.
Under the Payroll menu, select Payroll Processing option
Under Payroll Processing, you will see ‘In Progress’ and ‘Posted’ Payroll tabs:
- In Progress payrolls are payrolls started but not yet completed
- Posted Payrolls are all prior payrolls that are completed
- To begin a new Payroll Click on the button.
- Enter a Payroll Description (this can be the date of the payroll or whatever you choose to name this payroll,)
- Choose the Pay Plan from the drop down box (Biweekly, Semi-monthly, monthly,)
- Chose the Pay Cycle from the drop down box (First Pay of Month, Second Pay of Two pay Month, etc,)
- There are separate pop-up calendars to select your payroll Start Date, Stop Date and Pay Date.
- If you want to Suppress Voluntary Deductions in this payroll you will want to check the box
- There are also check boxes if you want to Ignore Direct Deposits or if this payroll is being ran for a Special Pay.
- Use the Select Pay Groups table to move pay groups you want included in this payroll into the 'selected' column. Use to move pay group to the 'Selected' column and use to move them back to 'available' column.
- Next, click the to initialize the payroll.
You will then see that the payroll is in progress and there will be a spinner in the Status field by each pay group that is processing. Once the pay group has processed there should be a green indicator button next to the pay group in the Status field. This indicates the pay group processed successfully. If a red indicator button is in the Status field this indicates that this pay group failed during processing.
From here you can use the following options displayed at the bottom of the page:
- Modify the payroll by clicking on Modify Payroll
- Delete the payroll by clicking on Delete Payroll or Delete Payroll and Exceptions.
- To return to all payrolls in progress, click onin the top left hand corner. You can then click on the button to return to that specific payroll.
- The Pay Report is to view employee earnings, deductions and accounts for the current payroll. It is used as a control sheet for payroll balancing purposes. The report also displays counts for various totals and a listing of any problems detected during the payroll process.
- The Error Report documents any errors encountered during the 'Initialize New Payroll' processing.
- Once payroll is ready to be posted, click on the button.
Once selected to Post payroll, the Posting Status at the left hand corner will complete in a few seconds.
- Reports generated during the Posting Payroll process include Budget Distribution Report and Payroll Account Distribution Report
- If the payroll is not correct, click on Unpost to unpost the payroll. The Payroll to be 'Unposted', has to be in the Current Period or an error will be created:
- The Process Payments option creates the employee's Checks or Direct Deposit printing files:
Changes in number tracking
I'm dreaming of a... multi-vendor PO without having to create a vendor number for it! Classic USAS requires a vendor be created for 'multi-vendor' purposes on a purchase you want to pay several vendors against. Classic also requires you to track a separate set of vendor numbers for memo processing (a.k.a. 900000 numbers). Our gift to you this year.... no unnecessary numbers need to be assigned for these types of transactions in the redesign.
When creating a vendor, you will assign a ‘Default Payment Type of either Check, Electronic or ACH. (The ACH feature is not available in USAS-R yet).
If you are creating a memo-type of expenditure, where a physical check is not needed, you will select the ‘Electronic’ option. As for the vendor number, you can let it auto assign to the next available number on the system or enter a vendor number of your choosing. You no longer need to assign a number within the specific range of 900000-999999 for a memo-type transaction. The redesign will differentiate between a “regular’ vendor and a ‘memo’ vendor based on the ‘default payment type’, not the vendor number assigned.
In Classic, you need to create a vendor number and flag it as a multi-vendor in order to create a multi-vendor PO. Multi-vendor numbers do not exist in the redesign. If you create a requisition or purchase order with the intention of paying different vendors against it, you will leave the vendor field blank on the requisition or PO. A requisition and/or purchase order do not require a vendor to be entered. When you are ready to ‘fill’ the invoice via the AP Invoice module, the system will know this must be a multi-vendor PO and will require a vendor be entered for that particular invoice.
- No labels